1. What drew you to medicine?
When I was younger I remember reading medical based books and always though it would be great to be a doctor one day. Once in college, I started to shadow physicians and knew it was something I wanted to do. It really is an honor being able to get to know someone and help them feel better.
2. What are your passions outside of work?
I love spending time with my family and friends. My husband and I are expecting our first child, so she will soon be taking up all of our time outside of work!
3. Who would you consider to be your role model and why?
My parents, both of them worked hard to give me a good foundation growing up and made sacrifices for the good of our family.
4. What do you do to relax?
I love yoga, walking, and spending time at home with my husband and extended family.
5. What makes North Texas Allergy and Asthma Associates special in your opinion?
Our clinic truly is unique. We strive to treat every patient as if they were our own family and do everything with their best interest in mind.
6. What do you enjoy most about being a doctor?
I enjoy helping others. The greatest feeling is when I see people at follow-up visits and they tell me that they are feeling better; it makes my day and it is so special being in a position to truly impact a life for the positive.
7. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Friedrich Nietzsche—“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
8. If you could have a conversation with any person or character who would it be and why?
I don’t think I could just pick one, there are so many I would like to speak with—such as my great grandparents, my parents when they were my age, and probably strong female figures from the past.