We make every effort to see you as soon as possible. Same day appointments may be available.
We are honored that you chose our clinic for your medical needs and please be assured that we strive to provide you with personalized and excellent health care. Our emphasis involves intertwining education, medication, and proven medical modalities to take care of your allergic disorders. We specialize in the treatment of nasal allergies, asthma, eye allergy, sinus disease, autoimmune diseases, food allergy, drug allergy and allergic skin disorders. We look forward to working with you in taking care of your allergy related disorders for years to come. In fact, our center can trace its roots back to the 1930's (1927 to be exact).
Your initial visit to our office involves a comprehensive evaluation focused on your major health concerns. This will take about 30-60 minutes. After evaluation, we may perform additional tests - which may include allergy skin testing, patch testing, rhinoscopy (looking at your nose under fiber optic camera), laboratory tests, office spirometry, and/or x-ray studies in order to come to an accurate diagnosis. Every effort will be made to explain the tentative diagnosis and initial plan during the first visit. Most of the time, the information available at the follow up visit is necessary to make the diagnosis and establish the treatment program. Please ask questions about anything that you do not understand. Many people find it helpful to bring a written list of questions.
If you are a new patient and plan to be seen in our office we ask that you take the following steps before your appointment with us.
- Have breakfast, lunch or a light snack before coming to the office.
- If you are less than 18 years of age a parent or guardian must accompany you to our office.
- If you have high blood pressure, please list the names of the medications on your new patient packet; please allow the Front Desk to know the name of the medication(s) you are taking when you call to schedule.
- Bring a complete list of your medications and physicians.
- Bring your primary insurance card and any secondary cards you may have.
- Please call the office if you are behind schedule or do not plan to keep your appointment.
Our staff at North Texas Allergy & Asthma Associates wants your visit with us to be as pleasant as possible, if you have any questions prior to your scheduled appointment call the office and one of our staff members would be happy to talk with you. Thank you again for choosing our center for your medical care.